Financial support mentioned below is fully covered by SPPT organizers.
Only those, who will be not older than 35 years on December 31, 2022 and are from countries with Gross National Income (GNI) per capita at purchasing power parity (PPP) lower than 20,000 USD can apply for financial support.
(For list of countries see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GNI_(PPP)_per_capita)
List is derived from the World Bank data
Unfortunately, because the SPPT is almost entirely dependent on registration fees drawings and having no idea about the number of participants, the SPPT organizers can guarantee now (in December 2019), that at least one applicant with a contribution accepted will be financed. If the conditions are more prosperous, this number will be increased up to three applicants.
Applications for financial support has to be sent in PDF format to the SPPT organizing committee not later than on March 1, 2022 to e-mail: together with two reference letters sent directly by referees to the same address (and to be delivered not later than on March 1, 2022).
Before making this request, you must have obtained an SPPT Personal Identification Number (PIN) at registration, and must be one of the authors of a contribution that has been submitted to the symposium.
Applications for funding are expected to include all the following information that might apply:
- Full name; date of birth; nationality; status;
- Institution; full postal address; phone and fax numbers (where invitation letter for visa application should be sent); e-mail;
- Graduation date, title and discipline; institution of graduation;
- Brief curriculum vitae since graduation;
- List of your scientific publications (or at least your best and most recent ones; give title of paper, journal, volume and page numbers, authors).
- Current or projected research activities, motives for wishing to attend the SPPT, and title of the abstract that you have already submitted.
- Name and affiliation of two referees that will send a letter of recommendation directly to organising committee.
Please indicate also:
- if you or your research group or institution hold a grant from which participation in the event could be funded. If yes, what percentage of your expenses will this grant cover and minimum amount of financial support that would allow you to attend the Symposium.
- Any other observation that you would like to mention.
- Please, sign and date your letter, and send it in PDF, together with a copy of your passport or ID card (max. 300dpi), as soon as possible to SPPT organising committee at the address indicated above. Selected candidates are expected to deliver paper originals of application and recommendations at to the registration desk of the symposium.
Recipients are obliged to submit the full text of their contribution.
Referee letter should inform about personal experience of the referee with scientific work of the applicant.
- if the application will not contain any of above mentioned necessaries, application will be strictly rejected.
- maximum support covers SPPT registration fee and accommodation during three nights (June 20-23, 2022).
- support cannot cover transportation charges and pocket money.
- processing of application requires advance planning.
- The successful applicant is obliged to respect the requirements of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic in connection with the corona disease (Covid 19), for details see https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/en.